Wednesday 21 August 2013

Why did I put off Twitter for so long?

I finally allowed the little blue Twitter bird to nest itself within my devices early this June but I keep asking myself why did I put it off for so long. Twitter is great and so so so addictive. I love the closeness of it as a social media platform, celebrities from all fields can interact with their fans with just a few characters in a few seconds. 

Compared with other social media sites such as Facebook and Myspace that i'm not digging at here i'm just voicing an opinion. Twitter has a more personal touch, in some cases it's actually like your the little Twitter bird by the individuals side, especially in the celebrity case where you would be exposed to a second tier of they life which you wouldn't see on a Facebook or Myspace profile, this could come into a recent restaurant experience of theirs, backstage at a concert or time at home.

The ability to promote through Twitter is also an amazing feature and not just for a business or a brand but for individuals as well. I'm currently taking the first steps into the marketing and PR industry and by using Twitter I have one been able to engage in conversations with marketing companies directly and show off some marketing knowledge. Furthermore I have been able to advertise this blog through Twitter which will allow any marketing and PR companies to browse through my work and comment with their thoughts. 

Additionally I love how Twitter keeps me up to date with all my favourites brands, bringing the hot gossip of any sales or events they may be having that I wouldn't want to miss. 

The only thing I need to work out now is how to really increase my number followers. But for the time being I'm quite content with my blue feathered friend.



No comments:

Post a Comment