Thursday 5 September 2013

My Re-interest in Pinterest

Recently I re-entered the world on Pinterest after what I worked out must of been a couple of years absence. On my return I began to wonder how it had slipped out of my life? This social media platform has it all, its possibilities are endless. However this time round I did come across some more sides to the world of Pinterest that I didn't notice before.

The main one of these sides being that it can used as a business and marketing tool. Companies can operate several boards to match their variety of products and services. These boards within themselves can operate in different ways. One of these ways is that they can operate as virtual shop windows, the first step on the road to a sale. A browsing customer is a potential customer, so the images and text chosen to go the boards are so so crucial to company, get these wrong and no interest will be generated.

Another way in which companies can use Pinterest boards is as a product research platform for new or re-invented products. Customers can engage with the standard like button the gauge their initial views. But further research can be taken from the number of repins a product gets and the comments left on the image itself, these two further points can give the company a rough idea of the reception the product would receive if it was brought to market.

But I realised recently there's another way in which companies can use Pinterest. A company I recently followed have boards that cover matters within the business itself, by this I mean they have images of their employees and general activities from within their offices. What a great way to engage your customers, bring them inside the company itself. With this method companies can allow customers to become familiar with staff and the general way the company operates.   

Overall i'm so glad I've got back into Pinterest, I forgot just how many wonderful things there are in this world and how someone just needs to pin them down.

Feel free to follow my Pinterest account just search Will Harwood      

No comments:

Post a Comment